This screensaver allows you to display QuickTime movies as a screen saver.
Some interesting points that you may not see immediatly are:
- You can now play Flash animation as a screensaver.
- You can use this screen aver to display marketing material and switch back to Mac OS X with the move of a mouse.
- It can be a solution to watch QuickTime movies fullscreen.
What's new in this version
- You can either select a file or a directory to watch. If you select a file, the movie will loop. If you select a directory, files within this directory will be played sequentially.
- You can also select multiple files and/or directories.
- You can display a movie in its actual size or make it sized to the screen (with or without a border).
- You can make the movie be mute (for the safety of your neighbors for instance).
- You can choose the color of the background.
- You can play the movie on the main screen only (if you're lucky enough to have multiple monitors).
New: Title & copyright can now be displayed at movie start or periodically.
Note: Only English and French localizations available at this time.
For an exhaustive list of modifications, enhancements, bug fixes, etc., please see the Release Notes History.
Copyright (c) 2001-2011, Stéphane Sudre
All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
Neither the name of the WhiteBox nor the names of its contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software without specific prior written permission.
THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT OWNER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.